DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Before 9 AM Wednesday, 12/28/16
PROJECT: Non-Union Live Industrial
PRODUCER: Christa Trinler
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Velocity Productions
CASTING DIRECTOR: BreakThrough Casting
AUDITION DATE: Direct Booking from headshots/reels/self-tape only
EVENT LOCATION: NYC
EVENT DATE: January 4, 2017
USAGE: NYSE Live Event, Internal Trade Publications and Videos, possible evening broadcast news only
RATE: $600/8 hrs + 10% agency fee
The CEO of Xerox is ringing the bell at the New York Stock Exchange and will be holding an event where 3 actors portraying monks will be on hand to act as brand ambassadors. They will hand out pamphlets and must know a few bullet points about the new Xerox Messaging.
30s-40s, Caucasian Male, STRONG ACTOR with brown curly hair, heavy set physique. BROTHER DOMINIC is the younger, innocent and fresh, devoted monk, pure in his eagerness yet smart and savvy with his knowledge of modern day technology. Wardrobe will be provided. Talent must look like reference pictures below:
60s-70s, Caucasian Male, STRONG ACTOR, balding with silver hair. The ABBOTT is the oldest of the group, worldly and wise but not up to speed with the advancements of technology. He gives BROTHER DOMINIC the important, monumental task of translating, reproducing and distributing documents worldwide. Wardrobe will be provided. Talent must look like reference pictures below.
Late 50s-60s, Caucasian Male, STRONG ACTOR, balding with gray hair. MONK #2 is older, a slightly jaded and slightly jealous monk who enjoys watching BROTHER DOMINIC take on this stressful, monumental task. Little does he know about the power of advanced technology. Talent must look like reference pictures below.
SUBMIT REQUIRED MATERIALS & SELF-TAPE (before 9 AM Wednesday, 12/28/16):
- name/cell/email/agency info (if applicable)
- current height/weight/eye & hair color
- current headshots/pics
- updated resume
- MANDATORY self-tape due BEFORE 9AM Wednesday, 12/28/16 (see instructions & audition copy below)
- prep your appearance as much as possible to look like reference photos (MUST shave facial hair)
- copy/paste/review reference video: https://youtu.be/faH1FXPqymU-
- slate, state current physical stats (height/weight/eye & hair color), zoom out for full body shots with full body profiles, zoom in and shoot from shoulders up to deliver copy (clearly showing face and hair length).
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE WELL LIT, IN FOCUS WITHOUT ANY BACKGROUND NOISE. If we can’t clearly see and hear you, your self-tape will not be reviewed.
- Using the character descriptions and reference video as your guidelines, give us two different reads: a) more modern day conversational while maintaining the proper, traditional, religious community tone; b) slightly more dramatic old world with a touch of Shakespeare flavor. HAVE FUN WITH THIS!
“A page isn’t meant to be bound or locked away from all to see. Pages should be living breathing constantly evolving containers of information. Places where people from here, there and everywhere come to meet and collaborate. To think together, make together, debate together, create together. Working, connecting and communicating. In the way we were all meant to: freely.”
Subject line: Xerox