DEADLINE TO SUBMIT SELF-TAPE: before 10 PM Friday February 3rd, 2017
PROJECT: Non-Union Web Series
PRODUCER: Judith Stephens
DIRECTOR: Jason Latorre
CASTING DIRECTOR: BreakThrough Casting
AUDITION: Self-tape + headshot/resume/reels
CALLBACKS: Thursday, 2/9/17 in NYC
SHOOT LOCATION: NYC
SHOOT DATE: Tuesday, 2/14/17
USAGE: Web (Youtube only)
RATE: $400/4 hrs + 10% agency fee + $50 travel stipend + copy + credit
THWIP – The Big Marvel Show (reference videos):
Male or Female, late 20s-early 30’s, any ethnicity. STRONG ACTOR with COMEDIC/IMPROV skills for MOS (man on street interviewer/comedian), ala “The Daily Show”. The HOST MUST have a knowledge of the Marvel Universe, has comedic timing, is a skilled interviewer and can engage easily with the public. MUST have HOSTING and interviewing experience (celebrities a BIG PLUS). This is on-going work where in addition to MOS, future segments will include interviewing celebrities and co-hosting in-studio when needed. COMEDIC and/or HOSTING REELS MANDATORY.
SUBMIT A) REQUIRED MATERIALS and B) SELF-TAPE (before 10 PM Friday February 3rd, 2017):
- name/cell/email/agency info (if applicable)
- current height/weight AND location base (MANDATORY)
- current headshots/pics
- updated resume
- COMEDIC AND/OR HOSTING reels/clips (MANDATORY)
- MANDATORY self-tape deadline: before 10 PM Friday February 3rd, 2017 (see self-tape and improv audition instructions below)
- dress camera ready (makeup, hair and dressed in cool, edgy attire)
- slate, state height/weight, location base (city you live in- MANDATORY)
- zoom out for full body shots with full body profiles, zoom in and shoot from shoulders (clearly showing face and hair length).
- IMPROV AUDITION (see instructions below) Show us your personality, wit and style and most importantly- HAVE FUN. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE WELL LIT AND IN FOCUS. If we can’t clearly see and hear you, your self-tape WILL NOT be reviewed.
IMPROV AUDITION :
(1-2 minutes) As the breakdown suggests, we are looking for an interviewer who has knowledge of the Marvel Universe, has comedic timing and can engage easily with the public. We would like you to self-tape MOS (man on street) interview embodying these elements. Remember, we want to see more of you and your style than the interviewee. Suggested questions (but feel free to create your own):
- Who is your favorite Marvel hero/villain?
- Do you like them better in the comics or film?
- If you had a super power of any kind, what would it be? Would you be a hero or villain?
- If the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy asked you to join their team but you could only pick one, which would you join?
email@example.com (MALES ONLY)
firstname.lastname@example.org (FEMALES ONLY)
Subject line: Marvel THWIP